Let’s Book Travel is an online travel agency, based in Greece, licensed by the Greek National Tourism Organisation. Our GNTO licence is 0829Ε70000103201, and our company registration number is 143378233000.
As regulated by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Article 13 of Regulation EU 2016/679, we ensure that your personal data are safe and your credit card details are protected .
Our online forms of payment are PayPal (PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. is duly licenced as a Luxembourg credit institution in the sense of Article 2 of the law of 5 April 1993 on the financial sector as amended and is under the prudential supervision of the Luxembourg supervisory authority, the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier, with registered office in L-1150 Luxembourg) and VivaWallet (Viva Wallet service developed by Viva Payment Services SA, a licensed e-money institution for operations in the EEA-31 region by the Bank of Greece.)
Our website is https://www.letsbooktravel.eu.
Our website (hereby the “Site” or “Website”) is property of Let’s Book Travel. (“Let’s Book Travel”, “we”, “our”, or “us”).
Let’s Book Travel is operating as a travel agency, and we collect and use personal data that the users provide to us.
We collects personal data directly from a user. In these circumstances we will be acting under a ‘Legitimate Interest’ to legally process the data for the management of travel services. We also act as a data controller and legally processes this data.
The data we collect vary depending on the service and include
– Contact information
– Personal information (home and/or mobile phone, email, address, gender, age)
– Traveler booking and itinerary information (desired itinerary and/or route, desired trip date and hour, desired accommodation type, desired car rental type)
– Travel documents (e.g. passport info, visa info, expiration dates)
– Payment info (credit card info and /or bank institution info)
– Chosen Login, user ID, chosen password (on our website), IP address and browsing information.
– Other personal data supplied by our users via email/contact forms, telephone, Skype, Viber or through of any of our contact channels.
Furthermore, we use those data to
– Provide our services to customers or companies representing them (e.g. complete and manage travel reservations, assist in managing the travel, provide reporting, provide notice about your account and the services, inform you about updates to our websites and applications and other changes to our products or services).
– Communicate with our customers, by email, post, and phone or via our website and to provide you with customer service.
– Understand how our website is used and provide a customized experience for our services.
– Fulfill a request made by our customers (e.g. reporting, questions, or other requests about your personal data).
– Send to our customers newsletters, marketing emails, and other information or materials that may interest them, as well as showing personalized advertisements. Where required, we will obtain the customers’ consent before sending such marketing messages or showing personalized advertisements.
– Carry out our obligations and enforce your, our, or other’s rights as we believe reasonably necessary (e.g. billing and collection, fraud prevention, comply with legal obligations, and respond to legal proceedings or requests from legal authorities and law enforcement or other third parties).
If a user submits any personal data related to other people in connection with the services (e.g. if you make a reservation for another individual), you represent that you have the authority to do so and we will collect, use, and disclose such personal data likewise.
Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Personal data collected is shared with or disclosed to:
– We might share your data with affiliates, partners, subcontractors, and agents in order to offer our services, including bookings and assistance, ticket insurance, responding to requests.
– Third party service providers you might request us to send personal data to (e.g. providers who secure compensation for delayed, canceled services on behalf of travelers).
– Third party service providers to complete travel arrangements and reservations (e.g. ferry companies, car rental agencies and other ground transportation companies, hotels, cruise and / or tour operator, destination management companies, and other related travel suppliers for booking/ticketing purposes; industry reporting authorities; equipment and technology vendors, including, without limitation, online booking tool providers; visa and passport providers; credit card companies and payment collection and processing companies).
We might be acquired, merge with another business, sell, or liquidate its assets, acquire, or buy other businesses or assets. In such transactions, personal data is generally one of the transferred business assets. In the event of an acquisition, sale, liquidation, or merge, your personal data and non-personal identifying information may be automatically assigned by us in our sole discretion to a third party.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We store personal data on our host servers. We use appropriate security measures to protect the personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, destruction, and alteration. We conduct periodic reviews of our data collection, storage, processing, and security measures to verify we are only collecting, storing, and processing personal data that is required for our services. While we make every effort to protect the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant that our security measures will prevent illegal or unauthorized activity related to your personal data.
When using our website, you should be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Although we strive to protect your personal data, we do not warrant the security of any data and information that you transmit to us over the Internet and you do so at your own risk.
In order to protect your personal data, we kindly ask you to not send us credit card information or other similar personal data to us via email. Please alert us immediately if you believe any of your personal data has been misused. Please note, we will never ask you to disclose your credit card information in an unsolicited phone call or email.
– The data collected will only be those specifically required to fullfil travel, accommodation, or other travel-related services. Such data will only be processed for that purpose.
– Personal data shall only be retained for as long as it is required to fullfil contractual requirements, or to provide statistics.
– Personal data shall be adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are collected and/or processed.
– Personal Data shall only be processed based on the legal basis except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the user which will always take precedent. If the user has provided specific additional consent to the processing, then such consent may be withdrawn at any time (but may then result in an inability to fullfil travel requirements).